our story - is an old one
The First Presbyterian Church of Laidlaw, Presbytery of Pendleton, Synod of Oregon, was incorporated on December 21, 1905 with the following elected trustees names in the corporation papers: E.B. James, J.C. Tullar, and J.W. Brown This gave the group the authority to *acquire, hold and dispose of church property for the benefit of religion, for works of charity and for public worship. Each member of the church and renter of a pew being entitled to vote.
According to Crook County records, the Laidlaw Townsite Company on June 5, 1906, deeded to the Presbyterians, land for their church. It was in two deeds and $1 was paid for each piece of land.
W.H. Hall was in charge of construction of the building and the lumber came from the Hightower & Smith Mill located about 7 miles west of town on the Bull Creek Ditch. Much labor was donated for the building. The church was dedicated early May, 1907. The Rev. Jesse C. George was the first minister.